FAIR USE NOTICE

FAIR USE NOTICE: The information and materials used on this blog, i.e. articles, videos,etc., may contain copyrighted (© ) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available to advance understanding of ecological, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, spiritual, religious, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior general interest in receiving similar information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: /http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode

Friday, March 1, 2019

Memories from Childhood: 3 Assassinations; JFK '63, MLK, Jr. '68 and RFK '68:

A Walk away video that referenced Martin Luther King Jr. combined with my ADD  brought me around to remembering and reflecting on my memories of the 3 assassinations of national leaders that happened during my childhood. These memories are necessarily those of a child, the child that I was.
The video was 

#Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory discusses his #walkaway story


My comment started out okay but when I got to the part about who the senator had quoted, my comment turned into a serious ADD moment. I went into my memories of when MLK was shot and then JFK and RFK.... All of that had nothing to do with the video  and it makes me look weird so I am going back and delete it . But I do want to save the memories  and my reflections on them so I have put the comment here...

Damn! That was really good! That brought tears to my eyes and a catch in my throat. If I would have tried to speak , the tears would have spilled out! That last line got me. He said it was from one Republican leader who famously said, "Free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty , we are free at last!' Do you know who that Republican leader was? I fear too many people do not know his speeches and his messages anymore. It was MLK, Jr, I was 12 years old when he was assassinated and I was in Memphis for my brother's wedding. Martin Luther King was in Memphis for a march. My brother was in his last year of medical school and he was supposed to be working the emergency room at St Joseph's Hospital when they brought Dr. King in. But he had traded with someone because we were suppose to have a rehearsal dinner that night. My mama and I and my cousin had been visiting my brother that day. And when we were leaving we had to take the elevator down to get to the car. In the elevator someone said, OMG, the news just interrupted (some show) on TV and said that Martin Luther King had just been shot They were telling people to stay out of the area..Of course, though I did not realize it, 'the area' was exactly where we were headed to get back to my cousin's house. As we pulled out of the apartments , I saw my brother on the corner across the street frantically waving his arms. I told my mama that I thought he wanted us to stopl She said, 'No , he is just waving goodbye,'. I told her ,' I don't think so'. He would never have gotten on the elevator and run to the corner just to wave goodbye but she wouldn't listen. As we were driving every single light was red and it was not changing to green. We just eventually had to go through every red light. I guess it was to get an unimpeded path for the ambulance to get to the hospital but I don't really know why. That was just my guess. People were beginning to come out into the streets. THe further we went the more people there were. They were starting to throw things and break things and then some people began to set fire to buildings and parked cars etc. My mama made me put my 2 year old cousin on the floorboard in front of me and then get down there with her and cover her. She told me if anything happened to her that I was to push her out of the way and get behind the wheel any way that I could and to keep driving and not to stop for anything. WHAT? I was 12! That scared me... What on earth did she think might happen? But she was not letting me ask any questions at the moment. We got back safe. But my brother had followed us because he knew the route we were taking was where we were not supposed to go. He had tried to stop us because he heard it on the TV minutes after we left. But, as I said, mama would not listen. He and his fiance got there about 10 minutes after we did and they were covered in glass because they had gotten a brick thrown threw their window. There was a curfew by then, so we all stayed at my cousin's that night. Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds" was on TV ! We heard gunshots all night long.We had found out MLK had died when we got home. It was my 2nd experience of a national leader being assassinated. I was in 3rd grade when JFK was assassinated. I was so upset I kept waking up crying, Of course my mama would not let me stay home from school but she did write the teacher a note. I cried all day off and on. After school when we had to wait for the bus as I rode the 2nd load she held me in her lap for the whole 30 minutes. I wrote to that teacher till I lost track of her at the end of high school. They were a military family and they were always moving. but I appreciated her, because she was so good to me that day. I still do appreciate her. when MLK got shot I was in 7th grade.I was a little older but I still could not comprehend how someone could just kill another person especially someone they have never even met. 2 months later, RFK was assassinated... those were not blips on my radar screen to me. Each one effected me deeply. I thought that was the world I was going to grow up in. Thank God that was the last one like that but I still don't comprehend it. I know murder exists and that those things can happen but I did NOT realize that then When I was a kid each one of those assassinations was horribly shocking to me... every single time. And every single time they rocked my world! I am not capable of hate. I thought humans were not really capable of it but I was wrong I am 62 and I still do not comprehend a hate that can MIURDER another human being, Don't get me wrong. I have been mean and been mad and wanted to hurt someone that hurt me, But not kill , never that. When I wanted to hurt someone it was because I wanted them to know how they have made me feel .Thankfully I have outgrown such things and learned to control them. I don't have much drama in my life anymore. It is not worth it.. I understand now, though, that EVIL is real ... and I realize that those 3 assassinations came from the puppet masters behind the curtain., those who got control of our intelligence agencies especially the CIA That knowledge really pisses me off . Bur rhe past cannot be changed but my reaponse to it can change and be reassessed . And THAT can effect the future which is not yet written. I have learned that where power accumulates evil tends to gather in those places too. We must clean those places out . and then stay aware and be on guard. My ADD is showing I have rambled on and on I did not mean to end up here. It was the MLK, Jr. reference that led me down this path. . He was a good man, a great and wise man, that we were blessed with for a short time. His speeches should be studied more lest we forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment